Champions Career Centre seeks improved employment opportunities for clients by increasing the number of employers engaging persons with disabilities and by helping emplpyers retain existing employees. Our team helps employers in many ways, by:
- Marketing the most suitable clients to employers; we match the right person to the right job.
- Posting an online job board, which is free to employers.
- Hosting an employer information hotline, with access to meaningful answers and advice.
- Assisting with the development of diversity and inclusion strategies to help you grow your bottom line.
- Leading disability awareness and inclusion sessions to educate leaders and evolve perceptions.
- Partnering on accommodation policy development to support positive workplace culture.
- Assessing workplace accessibility to identify needs and gaps.
- Offering a wealth of disability-specific information and education and an employer resource centre.
- Developing innovative Employment Proposals to highlight the strengths of each client relative to the open position.
- Ensuring the criteria for employment positions is clearly understood for appropriate client matching.
- Actively marketing Champions as an agency with highly skilled, capable, dependable candidates for employment and partnering to meet human resources needs.
- Attending job fairs, open houses and employer's recruiting sessions to increase our presence in the employer community and increase our working partnerships.
- Utilizing Disability Related Employment Supports (DRES) to fund access to technology to make it easier for employers to hire employees who require support.
- Clearly demonstrating persons with disabilities represent a qualified and skilled workforce with many clients holding post-secondary certificates or degrees.
- Enhancing working relationships with national equity labour programs to be a resource for corporations about diversity requirements.
With many successful placements and employer partnerships, Champions is the 'agency of choice' for employers looking to recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive workforce. We have the resources, skilled workforce and the knowledge to ensure a successful transition to employment for both employers and people with disabilities.