Employment Job Board
PROJECT SENIOR CONTRACTS SPECIALIST - Swift Worldwide Resources
Swift Worldwide Resources is currently recruiting for PROJECT SENIOR CONTRACTS SPECIALIST
for our client's on-site operation in Calgary. This is a position within one of the most recognized and well known Oil sands operator.
Anticipated start date – As soon as possible.
PROJECT SENIOR CONTRACTS SPECIALIST
- Preparation, negotiation & recommendation of contractual and commercial activities related to a “Silo” (package) EPC Contracts, MAC contract and preparatory works.
- Assist Package Manager in management of executed Contract in Engineering Offices, Modular Yards & Jobsite.
- The Contract(s) total value is ranging from 300 MMUSD to 1,5+ BUSD (depending upon the “Silo”)The job holder may also be in charge of the execution and administration of Technical Assistance/service contracts ( value ranging from 50 to 1 MMUSD).
- Advise and audit Contractors during placement and administration of sub-contracts to ensure compliance with Project Contracts Procedures
- Lead pre-qualifications and preparation of bid lists for Extraction Plant EPC Contract(s)
- Participate in establishing contract & commercial strategies (lump sum, unit rate etc.) for Extraction Plant EPC Contracts
- Review & approval of bid documents for major scopes of work
- Preparation and compilation of ITT documentation with necessary commercial/contractual input from relevant project personnel, participation in the evaluation, negotiation and analysis process of tenders and the issue of the corresponding recommendation to award
- Review of commercial summaries and letters of recommendation
- Assist in negotiating of Extraction Plant major EPC contract(s)
- Communicate with internal and external client groups to secure approvals in accordance with established Project procedures
- Interacting with engineering and construction leaders to comply with terms, revisions and amendments
- Post awards, administer Extraction Plant EPC contract(s) (progress minutes, correspondence, filing, change management, performance measurement) and resolve claims or disputes according to delegated authority
- Compile statistical information
- Prepare complex reports as required
- Chair kickoff and Progress meetings with Contractors
- Attest and approve Contractor invoices to ensure compliance with contract.
- Close out of contracts
- Conducting close-out review and processing back charges
- Participate in contract termination, claims or dispute settlements according to delegated authority
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The job is based first in Calgary then in EPC Contractor office then on site and requires close working relationship with the various JNM Project groups in addition to Project Controls such as Mining, Extraction, HSEQ, and Project Management. The position will also interface with external support teams such as Total Corporate Project & Contract divisions, Engineering Contractors, Service Providers, Equipment Suppliers, Vendors.
- Ensure timely elaboration of all contract documentation (CFT, RFQ, RTA, Contracts, Amendments ….) related to the “Silo” he/she is in charge and warrant full compliance to Corporate standard, TEPCA rules and Project procedures in force.
- Ensuring cost effective and efficient procurement is provided
- Continually improving and identifying opportunities to enhance contracting practices
- Responsible for compliance of contracting plan and practices with legal, regulatory and JNMP requirements
- Working within HSE policies as established by TEPC
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a contract specialist involved in the preparation, negotiation and administration of a broad range of complex technical high value/risk EPCm/EPC contracts with the attendant knowledge and experience of commercial, insurance, logistics and legal issues preferably in Canadian (Alberta) environment.
- Good all-round knowledge of oil sands services, specifications and main contractors
- Experience with major EPCC Contracts a benefit
- Motivated and self-starter
- Team player
- Well developed communication, negotiation and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Competition deadline: Until suitable candidate is found
Interested candidates may submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
Please reference “Project Senior Contracts Specialist” in your cover letter and /or email subject line. Only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted. Only those who are qualified and who are legally authorized to work in Canada need apply.
Please mention you saw this posting on the Champions Career Centre website in your cover letter.